Monday, March 14, 2011

They... Fart... Me...



Become the victim of fart? Anyone? Oh it's free. Want some? Welcome to my world. You should become a teacher to get this free stuff. Do I hear the words 'yuck', 'gross'...'ewwww'??? Louder please...

Inside the class, just when you, as the teacher are so engross in your 'Teaching & Learning' session, surely the last thing on earth you want is 'distraction'. They can come in many forms. "They fart me," is just one classic example. When I say 'They'... I mean the students. My students. Ahhhh... my lovable students. Putting it in the perspective, "They fart me," is, I think a beautiful way to sum it. They fart their teacher. How devilish.

No one will admit of doing it for sure. Laughing and gigling, they will point at others like it is not a serious matter. Oh, they are so good at it. "Si Stefan yang kantut, teacher..." then Stefan will say, "Tidak si Finisnah." Finisnah will say, "Eih.. si Nelson..." the next student on the accusation list will continue... blah, blah, blah, blah... the pointings goes on and on. I always regret asking them, "Siapa yang kantut ini?" I never fail to lecture for nearly 5 minutes on good manners everytime they give me the bomb though.

But if one really wants to know who the culprit is, this is a proven effective way so far... First, just enjoy the aroma of their rotten fart.. pretend you don't smell it.. huhu.. patiently wait for the time for them to submit their work. Then, shoot the question, "Yang kantut tadi sudah hantar buku kah?" The one who farts would answer, "Sudah cikgu...." Hah, itulah tu orang tu! 

I've done it. I got the student red like lobster all around his face after without guard he admitted. His friends laughed madly at him. Laughing with the class I gave the culprit a 360 degree pinch on his stomach, "For your smelly fart. Like rotten cabbagge it was." Then I lectured on good manners.    

Sadly but true, after that, they still fart the teachers. (It was not me alone. Other teachers as well...) They become very cautious when I shoot the question, "Yang kantut tu sudah siap kah?"

They really do learn fast to be that cautious. Unfortunately, they do not learn anything about good manners I lectured.

But you know what, "By now I am so super fartproof..." So let them fart all they want. Sometimes I think it helps to liven the class.

My advice, "Don't be a teacher if you are not as super as me!"  





     

No comments:

Post a Comment